I got around to upgrading IE8 to the latest beta 2 today. Mostly, I wanted to see if they had fixed the float issues. Well, they had -- at least the float that was also broke on Microsoft's own site now worked. However, my site still had a problem. Well, I tracked it down to a very odd behavior with the entity. Unlike most browers, IE8 breaks lines oddly with and messes up CSS width. Unlike other browers, when this happens, IE8 drops the float to the bottom instead of letting it just break the width. Considering that this is the only browser with this behavior, it will be interesting to see if it makes it into the final version.
I did come up with a solution, and probably a more correct one. I removed the in my Tag Cloud and added a margin-left to the anchor tag CSS styling. This spreads out the tags like before and works in IE8. Woo Hoo!