Slide Show: What’s Old is New
I recently started using FlashControl for Chrome to control which sites use flash…
To fix the problem, I actually resurrected my slide show script. I wrote a little Perl package to parse my Flickr feed and updated the slide show to use the new list. I now have a nice little slide show that is fast, works on Chrome, my iPod, and even my Android phone. No, I didn’t install Flash on it either. I was also able to update the script to display the title of the image. I used some caching as well to speed up later page displays. I’m pleased enough with the results, but I would still like to add some nice transitions in the future.