RSS Pains


You would think that using an standard would mean that your RSS feed would work just about everywhere…

You would think that using an standard would mean that your RSS feed would work just about everywhere.  Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to always be the case. All those RSS 2.0 fixes I did on my site seemed to have broke the feed to MyBlogLog.  Not sure what it doesn't like as other RSS 2.0 feeds are working just fine.

I'm thinking it may be the lack of published dates.  So, I've updated the code to put back in the "optional" tags.  I guess they may not be as optional as one would hope.  Unfortunately, MyBlogLog doesn't have a way to refresh or troubleshoot the feed, so I'll have to just quick watching and see if my "fix" really does fix the problem.

Update: Woo, Hoo!  It appears to have worked.  Must be the way MyBlogLog pulls the articles.  It appears MyBlogLog only pulls new articles, all the old ones were ignored even though they now have their published date updated.



Comments on this article:

No comments so far.

Write a comment:

Type The Letters You See.
[captcha image][captcha image][captcha image][captcha image][captcha image][captcha image]
not case sensitive