It is a strange time for me. For years, I have run my web site locally as a way to test out new designs and programs. I have used that site as the home for my catalog of LEGO parts and colors. Unfortunately, the computer that housed that catalog failed and I still havent gone through the trouble of reinstalling Apache. While working on a recent project, that decision is becoming a problem. Today I decided to do something to correct that. I uploaded my L-Bricks catalog to my hosted web site. Now I can find the names I need to put parts and colors into my POV-Ray renderings.
Although the site works, it is woefully old. I created the original catalog back in the late nineties and used the color scheme from my original web site. You cant search the list which means that I have to dig through the categories to find what Im looking for. Being a small list, it wasnt a big deal for me to search through it, but that is more burdensome now that the catalog has grown. This is especially true for colors which are oddly named, making them harder to search. Now that the world can view the catalog, perhaps it will force me to update the design and add more interesting features. Until then, at least I can continue to use my catalog. Now if only Id get my Subversion repository back online.