Changelog


A fun and fresh way to display changes I’ve been making on my blog.

Nov 12, 2018

Changes to changes.
New Feature

Okay, I’m on a roll today. I wanted a way to highlight when changes were made, so I reused the badge code for IM’s to display changes within the last 7 days. Given that I don’t track if you view a change, the hard cutoff was easiest. I might increase the number later if I find the changes are rolling off too quickly.


Nov 12, 2018

Published date is king!
Announcement

Finished updating the site to use published date instead of the article ID as the sort. The top news and previous next buttons are working. I’m sure I need to fix some other items, but the major stuff is working.

To my surprise, I didn’t need to edit the RSS creator as it already uses published date. Win!

As a bonus, I was able to add a previous button to the main news page. In fact, it was a pretty easy fix. I just had to add one to the max news variable, saving an extra article. When I print the news, I check if that extra article exists and, if it does, displays it as a button instead.


Nov 12, 2018

Changes to published dates
Announcement

As I work to merge my old ZX81 site articles into the main site, I’m redoing how articles are sorted. Instead of relying on the article ID, I’m now sorting by published date. For now, I have moved one article while I work through each of the routines that need to be updated.

Right now, Topics and Tag Cloud are working as expected. I’m working to fix printnews—right now it is displaying the article from 2011. I expect to have it and a few other routines finished this week.


Feb 18, 2018

Showing active filter buttons.
New Feature

For some reason, when I added the filter buttons on Race Tracking and ZX81 Programs, I didn’t denote which was active. I rectified that today. I had to modify the w3schools code a bit as it wasn’t working right. My version is both targeted to just the filter buttons, and will remove all active tags applied to those buttons. Here is code:

// Add active class to the current button (highlight it)
var btnContainer = document.getElementById("runbuttons");
var btns = btnContainer.getElementsByClassName("btn");
for (var i = 0; i < btns.length; i++) {
  btns[i].addEventListener("click", function(){
  var btnContainer = document.getElementById("runbuttons");
  var current = btnContainer.getElementsByClassName("active");
  for (var i = 0; i < current.length; i++) {
  current[i].className = current[i].className.replace(" active", "");
  }
  this.className += " active";
  });
}

I’m debating switching from buttons to a select, but this will do until I make up my mind.


Feb 17, 2018

Cleaning up administration of topic categories, again.
Announcement

Although for my benefit, I spent some time cleaning up the topic categories. I converted the management routine to use responsive tables and forms. Besides cleaning up the modification routines, I also added the ability to reorder topics. Now, I just need to add in a routine to upload images! Sigh, work is never done.